Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Future hope while living in a sinful world

This week on my way into work each morning I've been listening to John MacArthur's radio broadcast. The topic this week has been on the subject of sin and where it began. John's insightful teaching has once again got me thinking.

When I look at the world in which we live I'm struck with the reality that it is seriously broken and in such a mess because of sin. Sin has impacted everything in this world. As I watch the news I often wonder how those who do not know Christ make it through each day. What hope do they have when they wake up each morning to find the world in such turmoil? The world has no answers nor do they understand why this world is spinning out of control and all their efforts to fix it are in vain. Where is their hope? Their hope is a false hope. Man cannot fix this worlds problems and they are not going to be fixed by electing a new president, climate change, winning wars or becoming energy independent.

Our hope as beleivers isn't found in this world but in another kingdom. The more I grow as a Christian the more I long to be with Jesus. Don't get me wrong, I love my family but I look forward to leaving this world behind and being able to truly live free from sin. Some call that "escapism", but it is the longing of a true believers heart.

"He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming quickly " Amen Come, Lord Jesus.
Revelation 22:20 (NASB)

No comments: